www.sankofapoliticalparty.co.uk email@example.com. Number of people that are willing to become members as of
Number of people that are willing to become members as of
My Name is Mr Hayward I am trying to start my own political party in the United Kingdom called Sankofa. I am in the Tonbridge, Kent area. I have prepared the paper work needed to become a political party other than application forms that will be done on going public.
If you Google Sankofa you will get lots of different meanings but saying the same thing "If you keep two eyes on the past, you can not see where you are going, if you keep two eyes on where you going you can not learn from your past". Sankofa is very old tribal word meaning to keeping one eye on the past and one eye on the present so you learn from your mistakes and do not forget the lessons learned from your ancestors but you also do not lose sight of where you are going.
The idea of the party is founded upon morals, values and foresight which is what the are nation requires. The motto is "for the people by the people". Let us learn from the past wrongs and do it right this time. Every member of the party has the right to vote on what happens in the party. Members may put forward any idea their have.
The estimated minimum running cost of �1,500 py �125 pm for each year for the party to just to remain running. The estimated spending cost of �180,000 py �15,000 pm for each year for the party to employee skilled staff such as Website Designer & Database Designer & lawyer & Document Writing, qualified experience professionals. This brings the total to �181,500 py �15,125 pm for each year.
For just �5 membership per year, which is a small amount, there for many people should not mind paying this fee for membership. The party needs large number of people to become members to support this new party. This keeps the cost per member down to as low as possible. To meat the full costs at �5 per member, it would need 36,300 members. This is also so that when the party becomes ready to stand for elections there is a greater likely hood for a possible win with lots of members. In addition, the more members you have the bigger the diversity and skills pool from where the aims, goals, targets, ideas, can be formed.
Although I will be the leader of the party does not mean when the part is formed and Candidate's selected I will be one of them, any Candidate's will have to be approved by the members with their vote. The political party will be more than happy to receive any donations you may be willing to give.
Of The Party Of
To lead and carry out the aims and goals of the party determined "by the people for the people" for a better more prospers way of life for the country and its cisterns. The Policies of the party is to be run "by the people for the people". The people will be responsible for deciding the direction of the party and the policies and campaigns undertake by the party.
As leader, I will carry out the aims and goals determined by the members that vote on the proposals.
All polices, regulations, acts, guidelines, ideas, purposeless, before being adopted by the party must have at lest 51% of the vote by the members.
The organisation of the party of Sankofa is made up of Leader, Additional Officer and the Members.
Level 1 ; Leader (The leader is not voted for and is Permanent.)
Level 2 ; Additional Officer (Chosen by the leader.)
Level 3 ; Members
Of The Party Of
The Financial Scheme
Of The Party Of
1) This scheme sets out how the Sankofa will regulate its financial affairs for the purpose of compliance with the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000 ("the Act").
2) A copy of the Sankofa constitution, including details of its structure and organisation, and how these are determined, is enclosed.
3) The Sankofa does not wish to have any accounting units separate from its central organisation.
Other Organisations within the Party
4) The Sankofa constitution does not provide for the establishment of ward branches or affiliated organisations within the party. For the purpose of compliance with the Act, the financial affairs of any newly established ward branches or affiliated organisations, will be wholly controlled by the party treasurer.
Role of the Party Treasurer
5) The registered treasurer of the Sankofa is responsible for the whole party's compliance with the financial provisions of the Act and in particular for:
a) setting up and maintaining accounting records capable of meeting the accounting record keeping requirements of the Act;
b) setting up and maintaining arrangements for ensuring that annual statements of accounts for the party are prepared, approved, audited if necessary and submitted to the Electoral Commission on time;
c) developing and putting in place arrangements to ensure that any impermissible or unidentifiable donations of more than �200 to the party are recorded and returned to sender or, if that is not possible, surrendered to the Commission;
d) developing and putting in place arrangements for recording donations of more than �200 and for the submission of quarterly donation reports covering donations exceeding �5,000 and any impermissible or anonymous donations of more than �200; submitting a nil return if there are no reportable donations;
e) developing a plan for ensuring weekly donation reports can be submitted during general election periods;
f) ensuring that the incurring of campaign expenditure and the payment of claims are duly authorised and that all relevant receipts and invoices are kept;
g) developing and implementing a campaign expenditure budget that complies with the limits, together with arrangements for monitoring compliance;
h) developing a plan to ensure the compilation, auditing (if necessary) and timely submission to the Commission of a campaign expenditure return when the campaign is over;
I) if there is a referendum to which Part VII of the Act applies, developing and putting in place arrangements for complying with the controls on referendum expenditure (this will be done by adapting the party's arrangements for the control of campaign expenditure);
j) ensuring that any grants from the commission to the party are spent in accordance with the conditions of grant imposed by the Commission; and
k) being responsible for the compliance of ward branches with the financial requirements of the Act.
Deputy Treasurers with Responsibility for Campaign Expenditure
6) The Sankofa does not intend to appoint any deputy treasurers with responsibility for campaign expenditure.
Promoting Compliance with the Act
7) The party treasurer will ensure that the party leader and all other officers and members of the Sankofa have sufficient knowledge of the party's financial obligations under the Act to ensure that the party as a whole complies with these obligations.
8) The party's financial year will run from 1st January to 31st December.
Amendments to the Financial Scheme
9) The party treasurer will ensure that any proposed amendments to this financial scheme are submitted to the Electoral Commission for approval.
Signed by:_________________________ (Party Leader)